Rural accommodation Crete...where the real character of the island is hidden.
In the mountain villages, rolling vineyards, olive groves and tiny seaside hamlets, you will find simple stone houses or recently built villas, constructed in the traditional style with all the comforts of the modern world.
Select your pension by location:
Village life presents the opportunity for the visitor to experience the natural Crete, see the herbs growing, wander in the olive groves and taste the local produce, from olive oil to wine and fresh fruits.
This is also the opportunity for the village to share its history, its speciality and its wares. Be it pottery, woven cloths, honey or raki, each village has something to offer.
Below are detailed options to suit the budget or luxury traveller, our selection includes small, atmospheric traditional houses, villas, guesthouses and pensions.
Options in Chania... including:
• Kastellos Village Hotel in Georgiopouli
• Elia Guesthouse in Ano Vouves
• Eco Village in Milia
• Kamares Houses in Maheri
Rethymnon (Central West)
Search in Rethymnon... including:
• Aoritis Villas in Lampini
• Dalabelos Farm in Aggeliana
• Enagron Traditional House in Axos
• Kouriton House in Tzanakiana Margarites
Heraklion (Central East)
Guesthouses in Heraklion... including:
• Arhontiko Studio in Arhanes
• Eleonas Eco Resort in Zaros
• Mourtzanakis Residence in Achlada
• Aretoussa Pension in Pitsidia
Rural Pensions in Lasithi... including:
• Cressa Ghitonia Hotel in Sfaka
• Villa Mala in Malles
• Metochi Traditional House in Vai
• House Margot in Palekastro
Some of our selections are close to the beach, some are well and truly inland; high in the mountains.
Take your pick, perhaps combine a country
experience with visits to the beach, or choose the mountains for some
great trekking experiences...see the locations on the map below...
This is the budget symbol.