Honeymoon to Greece - Crete
Hello We Love Crete!
I've just stumbled on this site and have been reading everyone's stories and your comments for the past 3 hours! This is a great site! :D
I was discussing the hotel choices and places to visit with my husband just now and we were wondering about a few things:
* We will spend 4 days in Crete (know it's not enough)
* It's our first time in Crete and we are planning to arrive in mid-September
1. We plan on staying in Chania and would like to see the top most important things there are to see. However, we heard too many different suggestions ...
2. Rethymno seems interesting as well, but we don't want to keep switching hotels ... would it be too gruelling to return to our hotel in Chania?
3. We see in the other return messages that you highly recommend "Casa Delfino", do you by chance have another recommendation?
4. Is hiring a car really necessary? If so, will there be a driver as well? If you would be so kind, can you recommend the car company's site to us?
Thank you so much! We truly appreciate this! :D
Crete Trip Plan
Hi, we are glad you have found this site helpful for your honeymoon trip planning. :) Here are the answers to your questions...
1. In Chania see the old town, with its narrow laneways, boutiques and studios, tavernas and cafes on the water front. Outside of the town, see Samaria Gorge or Agia Irini Gorge, and plenty of beaches such as Balos Lagoon, Falasarna or Elafonisi.
2. It is an easy trip from Rethymnon to Chania by local bus or taxi, perfectly achievable in one day. It is 65 km each way. By bus it takes about one hour. In Rethymnon see the old harbour, the lighthouse, the Venetian Fortezza and again, boutiques, jewellery studios and shopping among the narrow lane ways.
3. Yes Casa Delfino would be ideal for a honeymoon, it is very private and romantic with exquisite service and ideal location. In the old town see also Villa Venezia, Pension Eva and Madonna Studios here...
4. No you don't need to hire a car. The local bus service is good and there are taxis available. Pre-book a taxi with driver here...
Here are some information pages you may need for this trip:Chania TownChania RegionRethymnon Town
Bon Voyage! Kalo Taxidi!