Crete Airport - Air travel to Crete Greece is via either
You will need to weigh up which is the most suitable airport for you.
When planning your flights to Crete, you will want to choose the airport which gives you the best options for:
• Flight availability and frequency
• Flight arrival and departure times
• The location of your accommodation; west or central or east
• Where you are flying from; within Greece or from Europe
• Cost of airfare based on your budget
• Availability and cost of transfers to your accommodation
• Travel plans before and after Crete
• Ferry connections
When booking flights in or out of the Crete keep it simple, use this price and availability search tool to pick up the cheapest and most convenient flights for your travel plans.
Chania International and Domestic Airport (CHQ) in the west
Heraklion International and Domestic Airport (HER) in the centre
These pages include:
• Airport facilities and services
• Local bus information
• Accommodation suggestions near the airport
• Airport transfer options
• Maps and taxi fares
• Distances from main towns in Crete
Chania is in the west of the island and closest to:
Heraklion is in the centre of the island and:
Below is a map ot Crete with the airports and ports marked:
Be met and escorted to you own private taxi or shuttle bus upon arrival.
Have peace of mind and lessen the stress of travel. Transfers are available to your hotel or destinations in Crete.
As Crete is a large island 260 x 60 km, you will really benefit from hiring a car. Explore four mountain ranges, hundreds of beaches and stunning scenery, we have put together our car hire tips here...
Our hot tips to avoid that sinking feeling of missing out on the top spots in Crete...
Quickly get beyond the Crete airport gates and onto the beach!
Ideal for relaxed, slouching around ...doin’ nothing ...holidays, just chillin’ by the bay...
Where to stay by the beach in Crete...